Probably most of the population of the world known such holidays as Christmas, Easter, Halloween and New year. But there are plenty far from such famous festivals which are celebrated regularly in some parts of the world. Most of them cope pretty standard – people walking, dancing, having fun, eating. But there are holidays that involve more strange pastime, such as feeding the hungry monkey, pelting each other with tomatoes or cut figures out of radishes.
Monkey Banquet in lop Buri
This is the biggest party in the world of primates is celebrated in Thailand every year on the last weekend of the month. Monkeys that live in the jungle around the village of lop Buri has always been famous for its insolence,arrogance and aggression against the people of the village, in which the monkeys were constantly stealing food. In 1989, the residents decided that the best way of dealing with monkeys – love them. Since then, every year they served for monkey buffet, in which, except the fruit, are peanuts, cucumbers, krbovkama and even soft drinks like Coca-Cola.
Festival “Hit the neighbor” Tinka
The history of the festival dates back to pre-Hispanic times, when people donated human blood goddess of the earth Continue reading
Jeremy hunter Jeremy Hunter) for 35 years collecting information about the ancient rituals and festivals in over 60 countries. Guardian is only a small part of the research of the hunter is 16 of the most bizarre festivals and rituals of the world.
1.For centuries the inhabitants of the highlands of Papua New Guinea fought for land, women and pigs. As weapons used magic and agricultural implements. Before wrestling, the body painted with clay and made a frightening enemy of the mask, ready to attack or repel the onslaught of the enemy clan. The battle of ritual to it diligently preparing. The tribe lives in the valley Wahgi (Wahgi Valley) near the city of Mount Hagen.
2. Festival sing-sing in Papua New Guinea is an important part of cultural life, thanks to which clans can show your tribal solidarity. Mr. hunter attended the festival in Lech near Morobe, the festival brought together a lot of people and they were dancing, forming a circle, burying each other in the back in the Nude.
3. In the period from September to November there is an 18-day festival of Phaung Daw U in Burma on Inle lake (Inle) Continue reading
Each country has an unusual tradition, then, some we will tell you right now.
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work.
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “The Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer.
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification.
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian festival on Phuket island in Thailand, stick a weapon in itself, in protest. Chinese immigrants gave rise Continue reading