The first festivals were musical, and they appeared in England. Over time the popularity of the organization of festivals gained momentum, and today our attention is a huge range of areas of the festival activities.
The movie lovers can visit the festivals, interested in theatre festivals theatre arts, gourmet, nourishing a passion for delicious food and drink, arrange food festivals. In addition, invented and held flower festivals, psychological, historical, ethnic, dance, children’s art, esoteric and even international festival of Cuban cigars or the beautiful birth festival in Australia…
Whatever it was, but any festival is a major event with the participation of a large number of people, attracting the attention of the media. That is why the organization of festivals is often used as an effective PR company. In addition, the festivals make a significant contribution to the social and economic life of the region where they are held. Realizing this, the local authorities strongly support the activities at the festival, receiving considerable indirect profit from their conduct.
For the participants of the festivals is the opportunity to present their ideas, to show their achievements in a particular field of activity and also to explore the ideas of others Continue reading
Today we will look at the list of the most interesting and unusual holidays and festivals in the world. In this collection were very interested in holidays, which you can see below. Look!
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work.
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “The Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer.
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification.
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian Continue reading
Jeremy hunter Jeremy Hunter) for 35 years collecting information about the ancient rituals and festivals in over 60 countries. Guardian is only a small part of the research of the hunter is 16 of the most bizarre festivals and rituals of the world.
1.For centuries the inhabitants of the highlands of Papua New Guinea fought for land, women and pigs. As weapons used magic and agricultural implements. Before wrestling, the body painted with clay and made a frightening enemy of the mask, ready to attack or repel the onslaught of the enemy clan. The battle of ritual to it diligently preparing. The tribe lives in the valley Wahgi (Wahgi Valley) near the city of Mount Hagen.
2. Festival sing-sing in Papua New Guinea is an important part of cultural life, thanks to which clans can show your tribal solidarity. Mr. hunter attended the festival in Lech near Morobe, the festival brought together a lot of people and they were dancing, forming a circle, burying each other in the back in the Nude.
3. In the period from September to November there is an 18-day festival of Phaung Daw U in Burma on Inle lake (Inle) Continue reading