Jeremy hunter Jeremy Hunter) for 35 years collecting information about the ancient rituals and festivals in over 60 countries. Guardian is only a small part of the research of the hunter is 16 of the most bizarre festivals and rituals of the world.
1.For centuries the inhabitants of the highlands of Papua New Guinea fought for land, women and pigs. As weapons used magic and agricultural implements. Before wrestling, the body painted with clay and made a frightening enemy of the mask, ready to attack or repel the onslaught of the enemy clan. The battle of ritual to it diligently preparing. The tribe lives in the valley Wahgi (Wahgi Valley) near the city of Mount Hagen.
2. Festival sing-sing in Papua New Guinea is an important part of cultural life, thanks to which clans can show your tribal solidarity. Mr. hunter attended the festival in Lech near Morobe, the festival brought together a lot of people and they were dancing, forming a circle, burying each other in the back in the Nude.
3. In the period from September to November there is an 18-day festival of Phaung Daw U in Burma on Inle lake (Inle) Continue reading
February 28, begins one of the most ambitious, elegant and fabulous festivals in the world — the Carnival in Rio de Janeiro. Below are 12 fabulous festivals, visit one of which means to live a life not in vain:
The carnival in Rio de Janeiro
The carnival in Rio — one of the most anticipated festivals in the world. This is a crazy cocktail of colours, costumes, music, dancers.
In fact, the Carnival in Rio — the parade of the Samba schools, which is organized by the Ministry of tourism of the city, the League of Samba Schools and TV stations that broadcast the show.
Each school chooses a theme and prepares its moving platform, the costumes, the sets, the dancing, makes the presentation. At the end of the Carnival selects one school-the winner of which is awarded a cash prize. To study in this school is considered very prestigious.
Holi-festival of colors in India
Holi, the festival of spring and the blossoming of nature in India, is celebrated in February or March. These days Indians are stirring up trouble between men and women jump over the fire and swing on the swings statues of the gods.
But certainly the most talked about event of the festival — it’s sprinkling each other with colored inks and dousing with water. All these Continue reading
Each country has an unusual tradition, then, some we will tell you right now.
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work.
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “The Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer.
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification.
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian festival on Phuket island in Thailand, stick a weapon in itself, in protest. Chinese immigrants gave rise Continue reading